Only 50 Minutes Away from Ikebukuro! Welcome to the World of Moomin!
ReleaseSeptember 9, 2019
Let’s Go to MOOMINVALLEY PARK!
Opened in March 2019, MOOMINVALLEY PARK is a theme park based on the story of the Moomins, the highly popular story created by the Finnish author and artist Tove Jansson.
In the park, you can see the Moomin family and their friends and the authentically recreated Moomin house where the Moomin family lives. In addition, you can enjoy various kinds of shows and attractions. Immerse yourself into the world of the Moomin story!
Although MOOMINVALLEY PARK is located in Saitama Prefecture, it is easily accessible from Ikebukuro or Shinjuku by Seibu Lines. It is recommended to get a ticket pass, which includes a park admission ticket, a Seibu 1 Day Pass (except for the Seibu Tamagawa Line), and a bus ticket for a round trip between Hanno Sta./Higashi-Hanno Sta. and the park.
Welcome to the Edo Period!
Along with your trip to MOOMINVALLEY PARK, you can also visit Kawagoe (Hon-Kawagoe Sta.) by using the “MOOMINVALLEY PARK Ticket & Travel Pass” to feel the atmosphere of the Edo period! Also known as “Little Edo,” Kawagoe retains some of the streetscapes with kura-zukuri buildings from the Edo period (the 17th to 19th centuries), offering people the opportunity to see the remnants of Edo, which are now hard to find in Tokyo. Kawagoe is easily accessible from both MOOMINVALLEY PARK and Shinjuku/Ikebukuro, so you should take an easy side trip to have a look!
Get a good-value “MOOMINVALLEY PARK Ticket & Travel Pass” to visit MOOMINVALLEY PARK and Kawagoe!
MOOMINVALLEY PARK Ticket & Travel Pass
販売額：大人 2,700円 小児 1,600円
Price: 2,700 yen for adults, 1,600 yen for children
The ticket is valid for:
1. Unlimited rides on the Seibu Lines (except for the Seibu Tamagawa Line) for one day
2. A round trip between Hanno Station North Exit or Higashi-Hanno Station East Exit and “Metsa” (by any one of Seibu Bus, Kokusai Kogyo Bus and Eagle Bus Lines)
3. An admission ticket for MOOMINVALLEY PARK (excluding any other kinds of tickets, such as tickets for rides)
*All the tickets above are valid only on the day of getting on the train.
Tickets are available at:
– Seibu Railway Limited Express Tickets Office on the 1st floor of Ikebukuro Station
– Seibu Railway Ticket Office on the 1st basement floor of Ikebukuro Station
– Limited Express Ticket Office in Seibu-Shinjuku Station
– Takadanobaba Station
– SEIBU Tourist Information Center Ikebukuro
*Upon purchase, you will be asked to present either your passport from another country or Japanese residence card, which proves you are a foreigner.
*If you are taking a limited express or S-TRAIN/Haijima Liner, you need to purchase a limited express ticket or a reserved-seat ticket separately.
Tickets with special designs will be a memento of your trip!
*The information herein is as of August 2019.